Upcoming Calendar Events:
January 16 - Parent Advisory Meeting
January 18 - Band-O-Rama 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
January 24 - Incoming Freshman Orientation 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
January 31 - Incoming Freshman Registration 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Social Science: On November 17, 2017, fourteen Maine East Social Science students participated in the Maine Township Government Day. They were joined by their peers from Maine West and Maine South. This was a great lesson in civic participation in the Maine community. Students learned about the various programs offered by Maine Township to its residents and many students started to plan for their volunteer work in the community.
Junior Leader Host Santa's Workshop:
Santa and his elf (Luke the Help Dog) came to Maine East on 12/13. Our students/staff had a chance to purchase hot chocolate and get a picture with Santa. Proceeds from the fundraiser are going to the Junior Leader PE program. Many junior leaders helped create the festive atmosphere, and some departments came down to the cafe to give Santa their wish list for the Holidays! Special thanks go out to Mr. Tsagalis for being Santa and to Mrs. Bonifazi for her decorative touch.
Youth Development: On Tuesday December 12th, 30 students joined in the after school youth development activity of making and decorating holiday jars containing cookie or cocoa ingredients. The project was so much fun, Kara Kulak’s art class joined in the fun on Wednesday making jars to give as gifts for the parents and teachers!
Parents and students, some sound guidelines from the Dean's Office when navigating the world of social media:
Parents, some helpful hints from the Attendance Office to help you and your student avoid any unnecessary confusion and delays when dealing with absences.
To Contact the Attendance Office (847) 692-8321:
• Open each school day from
• Answering system available all night and other hours the office is not open.
• For message, clearly state student's name, ID number, reason for absence, date of absence, and caller's identity.
To Authorize an Absence
Absences can only be authorized if:
1. Call is received from parent/guardian registered with school.
2. Call is received within time allotted (by the day following the absence).
To Authorize Early Departure from School
• Parent/Guardian contacts Attendance Office as early as possible on that day or the day before
• Student reports to Attendance Office upon arriving to school to pick-up a pass for release from school.
NEWS FROM THE CRC - UPCOMING EVENTS
College Planning Night
When: February 6th - 6:00 p.m. - 8:15 p.m.
Where: Maine East Room 230
Who: Grades 9, 10, and 11
District 207 Financial Aid Night
When: March 8th - 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Where: Maine East Auditorium
Who: All grade levels